Thursday, January 24, 2013

I was browsing through an old newspaper site the other night, put my old dad’s name in and came up with this!
1955 at Oakleigh. We lived there then and I was five. Talk about a weird serendipity!
Look at the gorgeous ad at the bottom right....

It just amazes me that you can put a name in and up will come some obscure photo from 58 years ago. Who works quietly in the background trawling through and archiving all this?

My dad's been gone since 1988, and he would have been amazed, and thrilled to have been in the news like that. I wonder whether he knew.

2 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

even weirder serendipity is that yours is not the only family name in that piece.

I am hooked on trove.nla and get sidetracked up down and all around.
cheap thrills.

If only we had shrink-wrapped an Austin ute back then.
x x

Robyn Rinehart Art said...

Absolutely weird Anne!