Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Toilet Trained - I Don't think so......

Every spring, procrastination and my memory catches up with me. It has happened twice this year already and I'm paying the price.

We have swallows that love to nest in the dog kennels, building a cutesy little nest about 6 foot above the poodle's beds and raising three or four beautiful babies. That lot fledge and the parents get back in there a few weeks later to repeat the process all over again.

I don't mind that so much, but the little darlings then come out to roost under the rafters of the house and poop all over the verandah, leaving trails of white muck everywhere.

Beautiful Babies

I promise myself and the dogs that I will put a strip of curtain over the doggie door to stop them from getting in, BUT still haven't.


The second group have just fledged this week, but are still going in and out of the door leaving white lumps of guck on the trail in and out. The poodles have even had a few spots dropped on them as they slept.

We got creative when I discovered the first new babies were in there and cable-tied a plastic ice cream container underneath. There is a pile in there as well, but their aim was pretty average.

One of the parents must have died from overwork: I discovered its poor little body on the floor yesterday as I swept poops out the door yet again.

Don't get me wrong, I love swallows!

But I am shutting this computer down and cutting two strip curtains right now.................

"God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages. "
... Jacques Deval, Afin de vivre bel et bien


No comments: