Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bits and Pieces

My early Christmas present is a 9ft Golden Elm tree.

Today we went out to Neerim South to the Blerick Tree Farm to view an amazing array of trees (over 2000). He offered to 'tree sit' until February, so it can reach it's optimum growth by autumn. He will water and feed it and check it for Elm Beetle.


Lovely! I am really excited, because I have wanted one for such a long time. My grandmother had a huge one out in her garden at Olinda when I was a child. I used to climb up into its branches and look up into its lime green canopy. I had to have one to recapture that lovely memory, and now it's done! Even standing amongst the young trees took me right back to those innocent days.

My wonderful tree will go down below my studio, where it can throw shade on the hydrangea walk I have built there. They need the shade and the blues will be beautiful with the lime green.

I am probably a bit past climbing up into the branches, especially by the time it begins to spread sideways. I'll leave that to the grandkids.

.................................................................................................................



I love rain like this, overflowing the gutters and pouring down the driveway. It didn't last for long though, and now the water's in our phone line and gives a loud irritating static while trying to talk. It happens every time we get a serious downpour.

.................................................................................................................



Who would believe our cute little lambies are now tubby sheepies in just three months? Some are developing the Cheviot roman nose that gorgeous dad Herbie gave them. They're great little people now, and spend most of their days sleeping, playing and stuffing their boofy little faces.

.................................................................................................................

My knee surgery for cartilage damage and whatever else needed will be scheduled by the surgeon on 23rd January 2008. Hopefully the plate in my wrist will come out as well. I may as well get it all over in one hit, then get on with my life.

I just have to stay out of trouble until then and that's the hard part.

.................................................................................................................

"I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it."
... Charles Schulz

No comments: