Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Pastel Plonkers

'On the Beach'
10 X 11.5cm
Watercolour and Pencils on paper
...................................

It's been difficult getting out in the studio again after such a traumatic road accident, but today I did, and I'm quite pleased with my efforts.

For around 9 years, I have had a group of gal pals/aspiring artists come to my studio on Tuesday afternoon, where we drank a glass or two of champagne and ate delicious nibbles while we worked. We have dissected many problems tabled, supported when times were hard, and rejoiced when they were good.

These days it seems harder to get everyone together on the same day each week, but we're still going. Over those years, we have all become fast friends, and many works have gone out the front door to be framed and hung proudly on a wall.

My friend Pat was the only starter today, but she not only finished a work of hers that had been calling her, she also got me working again.

Our Christmas dinner/ annual celebration is coming up next month, and we're off to a beautiful beach side hotel restaurant to close down another year and welcome in the new.

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."
... Laurence J. Peter

No comments: