Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Her Garden is her Canvas

I have an artist friend who paints beautiful paintings, but sadly not very often. She also has a glorious garden, which reflects her creative and artistic talent.

I went for a visit yesterday, and we rejoiced in the beautiful drenching rain that was falling after a few hot days. The bigger the garden gets, the more water it needs, so this day of replenishment takes the pressure off for a while as summer heat approaches.

Each year I kick myself that I don't get down there for a viewing when it's in full spring bloom. It's a predominately green garden, which I love, where mine is a wild pallet of colours.

She has put in a lot of shade trees which throw dappled sunlight on all beneath, and create pockets of deep shadowed areas where interesting plants nestle.

Due to the rain I couldn't photograph too much, but while I waited for her I took a few snaps. The rest are from last year when she put on a fabulous lunch for our friend's and my birthday.

A truly magnificent garden..........



A King Parrot at a feeding station.

A constructed waterway.

Beautiful clematis and climbing rose.

Dear old Buddy enjoying a laze on the lawn.

Shallow pool outside the kitchen.

Close up of the rose above.

"Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans."
... Marcelene Cox


No comments: