Thursday, October 25, 2007

Watercolour at Last

"No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head."
... Terry Josephson

I used to love to watercolour, and won quite a few prizes over the years. Then my Post Traumatic Stress struck and my concentration went down the tubes. Trying to plan, as you must with watercolour, became an impossibility. Suffering 'brain burn', as I call it, means your head goes into overdrive and generates physical pain - not a headache, but an intense burning sensation, causing an inevitable panic attack. It's a feeling you go out of your way to avoid, so I avoided doing watercolours.

I have pondered and planned endlessly to get back into them and now I am having a go.

This is messy, but nice. It is of my beautiful daughter and my dog Dempsey having a bonding moment many years ago. Dempsey is no longer with us, but thankfully my daughter is.

I'll keep going and do some more................

No comments: