Friday, August 24, 2007

Seaview Morning


Sometimes the light is just right, and this morning it was. There was some cloud cover which seemed to make the colours richer. The shadows are not too stark, but there is plenty of contrast for interest. I was going out to photograph a particularly beautiful area on a nearby road, but time got away again and the light changed, and my feeling of well being.

I was fondly waving my beloved off for a weekend boys-own motorcycle sojourn and took a heavy fall onto the gravel! Needless to say, he continued riding on oblivious of my distress, and I lay there pondering on how youngsters fall all the time and get up and go on. Oldies like me need a week and counselling to recover .........

So a photo of a view from out veranda had to suffice. Nursing a bruised and skinned knee, I staggered out later to the studio and this painting came into being.

The steepness of the terrain still carries good pasture for grazing, and the slopes become 'stepped' by the cattle feet.


This painting is 8" X 10", oil on canvas board, and is available for sale @ $100. unframed. Please email 'robynrinehart@dcsi.net.au' for details.

"Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere."
.... Blaise Pascal

No comments: