Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lovely Lily

Having three wonderful standard poodles, and being an artist means I must paint them occasionally, so Lily is the subject today. She always poses for photos with a very pained expression, and it is rare I get her looking happily at the camera. This one was taken with some yummy food on offer, so she forgot her self-consciousness and looked straight at me. Being a white dog, and living in the country, she is rarely tidy, so when she is freshly washed and clipped, I snap away to remind me how beautiful she is on her 'grubby' days.

She is a truly magnificent lady, now 6 years old. I bought her with a view to having some puppies, but she came to me at 8 weeks old with an horrific infection that took 6 months to resolve. I tried twice to have her mated, but no luck. She has just finished her latest heat 3 days ago, and I will bite the bullet now and have her spayed. I couldn't bring myself to before, because I always harboured a tiny dream that we would get a litter. She's getting a bit long in the tooth for puppies now.

This painting is 8" X 10", Oil on canvas board
and is for sale @ $100.
Interested? Please email me at robynrinehart@dcsi.net.au
This painting is now SOLD

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."
....... Christopher Morley

No comments: