Monday, August 13, 2007

Landscapes

I have never done landscapes. I have always found them somewhat empty and boring. I always liked to have something happening in them ... animals, people, trains, boats, whatever. What does that say about me?

I live in such a beautiful place, and look out on spectacular landscapes every day, so I am trying hard to get going on some, and get really interested enough to keep going. I look at other works and try to find what it is about them that inspires me.

The internet is such a distraction, with so many talented people doing wonderful work, it can also confuse and dilute ideas.

BUT, I have started some small landscapes today, and post one here which I am very pleased with .............

This is a view from a property belonging to our friends.
It is 8" X 10", Oil on canvas board.
It is for sale @ $100 unframed.
Please email robynrinehart@dcsi.net.au if you are interested.

Note: my flood painting is drying ready for its next coat.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
...... Henry David Thoreau

No comments: